Monday, March 15, 2010

Teenage troubles

Oh what to do......As soon as I begin to think things are ok, they start to fall apart again.

Yesterday started fine...with the exception of my oldest not being home (very common lately.)

I've known for a while that I have to start pulling the strings a little tighter around this boy. He has too much freedom.

well...I think I might have waited to long to decide how to go about it.

He was at a friends birthday party last night and wanted to "stay out" I said no, because it was getting to be an all the time thing. He wanted to stay at a friends house after the party and I said no...come home at the end. I went from come home at 10:30 to ok, 11:30, to ok...12:30...but NO later.

at 12:35 I texted , no answer.

at 13:40 I called, straight to voicemail.

at 12:45 I got in the car and went looking.

Again, I called all his friends, went to the houses where I thought he might be, and put the word out that the police station was my last stop.

He called me, didnt tell me where he was, but refused to come home...even said, Why dont I just let him go live somewhere else.

After texting back and forth....I got an idea about where he was...but, not enough to find him.

At 1:40 pm, I got the Michigan State Police involved........we searched together and ended up finding him.

Where do I go from here...they said it was up to me whether or not to file juevinile charges. I just dont know...I dont want him thinking he can do this again, but I dont want a permanent record for him either.

I'm pissed that the fucking Army is so strick that my hubby, just 1 hour away couldnt come help without having to jump through hoops, that I just didnt feel like dealing with last night.

This morning I'm still pissed at both of them. After lying in bed for an hour after getting home 3:00 am, listening for a window or door opening where he might leave again.....I'm pooped and....

just dont know where to go from here.

No comments: