Monday, March 15, 2010

Three years ago...

....you were almost taken from us.

Three years ago, you shot that deer, and waited in anticipation to get down and find your kill.

One wrong move and your life was changed forever.

It's 6:35 pm as I write this. About the time you fell.

About the time you broke more bones in your body that you even thought about on a daily basis.

About the time your pain and tingling in your legs and chest faded away to nothing...forever.

I'm so sorry you had to lay there for so long...in pain, and agony, and fear.....so alone.

That is the part I can't get over, still.....3 years later even.

I just left your house, yours and mom's. I felt you in my arms and know that your okay.....still, the memory haunts me.

I remind you every year on the date of your anniversary ...your Happy "Crappy" Anniversary we jokingly call it. Yet, I can't tear the image of you...helpless, broken and alone.from my mind.

I hope that living it once was enough for you...that you don't have to re-live it in your nightmares....or your thoughts as they wander.

I love you dad....and am so thankful that you are still here with us.

I'm sorry the accident has left your body only a shell of what it once was.

I'm glad your heart and soul are still yours....and mine to share.

No comments: